Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Basil Pesto Recipe

Here it is then. It's not my recipe - can't remember where I got it from, sorry.
Ingredients:
2 fresh cloves garlic, peeled
2 cups well packed basil leaves (hard stems & veins removed)
1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
1/2 cup olive oil (light, virgin, or whatever you have)
1/2 cup pinenuts (untoasted)
Method:
1. Put garlic and pinenuts into food processor and process until finely chopped.
2. Tear up basil leaves and add to the processor together with the cheese.
3. With the motor running gradually add oil down the feed tube until a paste is formed, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Keeps well in fridge for quite awhile. The oil may settle a bit on the top over time and discolour slightly, but it doesn't make a difference to the pesto. Just stir again.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment