Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some pics of my important things

3 baby swallows almost ready to fly from their nest on our front deck.

Bella relaxing in style on the bed.
Boris being shown a baby rabbit that Bella kindly brought in for us one night. (It survived.)

Cam & Susan (son and DIL) giving Lily & Lisa their annual New Years treat, a beer each! The love it.



Angus and Eloise helping me make cards on my desk.







Sam, Lily, Pixie and Lisa (all rescued animals from the SPCA) Where we live. No neighbours!
One of our ponds infront of the house. Some of the wild ducks + ducklings.
My desk-behind-the-door creative space.

Besides my family (who have no wish to be included in this little blogging adventure of mine!), I have a number of important things in my life, and the start of this blog has made me think more seriously about who and what matters to me in my daily life, which in turn will explain a little more about who and what I am. Papercrafting, and in particular cardmaking and rubber stamping, is my absolutely best favourite thing to do, if possible every day! I belong to a number of online papercraft groups where we swap cards, share ideas and inspire oneanother, and I also make cards for our local Hospice and am an 'angel' through the wonderful ChemoAngels group, making cards for people undergoing chemotherapy. I am lucky enough to have most of our home office as a craft space, with a built-in desk and shelves of papercrafting goodies all tucked in behind sliding doors to hide the ever present mess. (I designed our house so made sure this was near the top of our list of 'must haves'.) I fiddle with jewellery making and a bit of sewing on the side, we have a huge vegetable garden and orchard to take care of, 4 cats, 8 cows, 2 pigs, 2 sheep, wild ducks and birds all around us, and I work as a secretary and general assistant (and critic) to my husband, who runs an import agency from our home office. The birdlife around our house gives us constant pleasure, and I keep a diary of all the comings and goings and new arrivals as the seasons pass, just like one keeps track of family and friends! I also volunteer with a shore bird protection organization monitoring endangered species along the coast near to where we live; a wonderfully educational and interesting group to be part of. We live an hour and a half from our nearest city, but that suits us just fine.
So, without further ado, here are some of the things that are a big part of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Your crafting space is gorgeous Tilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Tilly! You're off to a good start, and I agree with Rene's post...your craft space is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete