Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Valentine cards and Basil pesto!

Simple hearts are so easy to work with and offer so many possibilities, not just for Valentine cards. This one is 'blinged up' with rhinestones and tiny half-pearls, but is otherwise a very quick and easy card.
Another quick one, this time using some old wiggly line stamps (I think from TAC?) and heart and circle punches mounted with foam tape for a little dimension, plus the very necessary bling of course! Hero Arts sentiment stamp.
I love this happy and cheerful colour combination. Lots of cute flowers from my stash, bling and punched stamped circles.
We haven't had rain for quite awhile and our water tanks are getting very low, making watering the vege garden a short and not very soaking job, so I hope things can stay alive awhile longer with the minimum of moisture. I picked loads of Basil today and made yummy pesto - delicious on grilled cheese and onion sandwiches done on the BBQ. It keeps for ages in the fridge too. If you would like the recipe let me know via the comment box below.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Tilly, Welcome to the world of blogging. It does look like you live in a paradise. I'd like the recipe for your basil pesto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great blog Tilly! Please can I have your recipe for Basil Pesto, as I have loads of Basil in the garden at the moment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love the recipe for basil pesto as I love it. Why dont you post it here? Love your header btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tilly! Welcome to blogland! You have done a great job. I will definitely be back regularly to look at all your lovely creations. Hope you get lots of rain soon that your little piece of paradise can thive again.
    Hugs
    Amanda de Jonge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tilly
    I am proud of your intro to the world of Blogging -- its the new way to go in papercrafts.Best of Luck.
    I Luv your cards and look forward to keeping up with your vision via this route.
    One small request -- the writing is small and not easy to read -- maybe its the colour -- but with my glasses I was straining.
    May 2010 be a year of good things for us all.
    Warm Wishes Joyce (Joylio) RSA.

    ReplyDelete