Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Slow, quick, slow

I haven't made any 'fancy' collage-type cards for awhile, although I don't know why, because I love messing with paint and sponges etc. Had a play last night and came up with these backgrounds (cards 1 and 3), the look of which is a little outside the box for me, but it's always fun to play different games and make a mess, and sometimes the results are worth using. I used various dye inks and H2Os for the backgrounds and then added some embossing just because I could ...!
This next card took around 3 minutes to make, honestly. I love this DP from Memory Box - it already has branches and flowers on it - and so I just stamped the bird image, words and 2 branches in the background in black and mounted the panel with good ole Pop Dots. It needed a bit of bling too, naturally ...! The colour is awfully pink in the pic, but in real life it's more of a raspberry or magenta, so a bit more subtle.

It's another hot and humid day here today so we got out into the vege garden early and did some chores there (and picked some more yummy peaches and nectarines), so now I'm having a bit of a play at my desk, listening to the birds and the occassional sheep baaa from outside, and Boris snoring on the computer desk. Have a lovely day everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see you doing a bit more collage type stamping, Tilly and LOVE that birdie stamp. Must check it out :) Never heard of Memory Box :(

    ReplyDelete