Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Buckles/ribbon slides - whatever you want to call them

Hi again
There's a wonderful tutorial on SCS on how to make buttons using circle punches (I tried to put a link to it here but for some unknown reason it wouldn't work, sorry), a hole punch and some sort of dimensional layer, e.g. Dimensional Magic or clear embossing powder. It's a great idea as you can using the paper or card you're working with to make co-ordinating buttons for your project. I thought I'd have a play at making ribbon slides/buckles the same way, but using a slot punch for the 2 holes rather than the small round hole punch used for button holes. I was quite chuffed with the way they turned out. What do you think?

Off to eat my watermelon now ......... yum!

4 comments:

  1. Your buttons have come out so well Tilly. Very nice cards,
    I am goin over to have a look. A holiday here today, so hopefully abit more time to play. warm wishes and heres hoping your rain arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card - I love the colours and your button slider is a real winner Tilly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tilly, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I just scrolled through your blog. I love the pictures of everyday live and the card in this post is beautiful, the colors are great and your button turned out beautiful.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea, Tilly. We made the buttons at Stamp Club a couple of months ago and they were okay, but I wouldn't have thought of taking them one step further. Love those flowers :)

    ReplyDelete