Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another beautiful day in paradise

This morning when I went to swim-gym the new foal and her Mom were right next to the fence, and I even remembered to take the camera! The baby's name is Phoenix and Mom is Jade. Phoenix was a little shy and I was already late and in a hurry, so this is the best pic I could get of her. What a sweetie.
Life in the country is so interesting, and such a contrast to city life, which I suppose is a given really. However, this morning as I was kicking my way happily through the gym routine in the pool, I was thinking what a completely different frame of reference the ladies had from the ladies I did gym with (for a very short time!) when we lived in the city. The city ladies talked about their latest exotic holiday destination, which fancy restaurant they ate in the night before, shoe shopping - you get the idea. My swim-gym class ladies talk about the best plum to grow for jam, how to keep the rats out of the chicken runs (they apparently eat the eggs and chicks!), how well their kids did showing their calves or lambs at the local agriculture show, the best home remedy for winter colds, and more other very interesting things along those lines! It's a real education for me. I can buy my free range organic eggs there too, straight from the henhouse of the hens who were getting into my car when I returned from taking this pic of the horses! Aaaah ... The Good Life!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tilly I know what you mean... for me it is the other way round... I was bought up in the country and now live in the city. Life is about more than material things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I grew up a country girl in the Eastern cape and enjoyed the time spent with my son living the country life of home grown everything and fish from the sea. etc. My grandaughter here in SA would love the little foal, she has her own pony and is "horse crazy"

    ReplyDelete