Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Good Life

I've been meaning to post a list of all the fresh organic food we've eaten from our 'farm' in the last few months, as we are very impressed with ourselves. If there are any serious vegetarians reading this, I advise you not to read the last 3 items!
aubergines/eggplant, beans, beetroot, blueberries, capsicum/peppers, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumber, cherry & Chinese guavas, figs, grapes, gooseberries, grenadillas/passion fruit, garlic, herbs ++, lemons, lettuce ++ varieties, mandarins, mulberries, nectarines, onions, peas, pumpkins, plums, peaches, pear, rockmelon/spaanspek, spinach, silverbeet, squash ++ different kinds, tomatoes ++ varieties, watermelon, zucchini, beef, wild turkey and wild rabbit.
Not bad, considering we've only been 'farming' (what a joke!) less than 4 years. We have 3 deepfreezes full of healthy organic goodness to eat and share with the kids over the next few months. Who woulda thunk??? My greenfingered Grandma would be very proud of me!

1 comment:

  1. LOL you are so busy with your gathering!!!

    The volume of the Aussie mag was issue 15 no 12 so I think it must have been March... I'll keep a lookout for your article....

    ReplyDelete