Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Something fishy

I had fun this afternoon making this mobile for a friend of our son's baby boy born last week. The dad is a keen fisherman. I cut a simple fish shape as a template and then just used scraps of different coloured card stamped with various images. Each side is a different colour of card. I used bamboo BBQ skewers painted with acrylic paint for the hangers, and some thin blue cord I had in my stash to hang the fish on. There's foam tape holding the 2 sides of each fish together, which adds a bit of dimension. Googley eyes too of course! Been using lots of them lately.

3 comments:

  1. Simply adorable... you have such wonderful ideas...

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just great! So bright and cheerful. What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea and very creative.

    ReplyDelete