Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hello again

I've been AWOL for the past week, mostly working on some magazine articles which I'm not allowed to share until they're published, and I missed out on last week's Inchie Inkling challenge too (see HERE), so here are my cards for both this week and last week's sketch challenges. In case you didn't notice before, we're rather fond of our cats (!), and if you've seen earlier posts here about Boris, our big black and white cat, then you'll understand why these new cat stamps from Hambo (see HERE) appealed to me. In fact, I think they might have used him as a model! The shape is certainly familiar ...

We've also got our one grandkitten, Belvedere, staying with us for a few weeks until our son and DIL move to a new home, and as you can see, he is really enjoying keeping me company on my desk, especially if ribbons and lace are involved in whatever it is I'm working on. He's such a big help. I couldn't do it without him!
Like many of you no doubt, we've been having a few very late nights watching the soccer World Cup, but it's been wonderful seeing how well the NZ All Whites have been doing, as everyone wrote them off as no-hopers. This is the first time in 28 years that they've even qualified, and the whole team combined (some don't even play professionally) earns less in a year than the Italian goalie alone, which puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Go the All Whites!
Wishing you a great week.

2 comments:

  1. The Italians were sent home too, so a big salary means nothing!! Go and cheer on the Dutch now. We won again today and are through to the 1/4 final.
    Love the stamps with the cats on them. Lovely cards.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the kitties on your inchies! I was scrolling down through your posts and enjoying all the pictures. My family lived in Jakarta, Indonesia many years ago and we did some traveling in New Zealand, but not nearly enough. You have a most beautiful country! You also have fabulous cats and that little lamb was just precious! I've become a follower of your blog and will have to go back and check out some more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete