Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy retirement card

I've always wanted to try making these corkscrew ribbony thingies, but just never got around to it until now.  They're really easy too.  Check out this tutorial.   I can't decide if it was more fun making the card itself or 'staging' it when I took the pic!  The background is done by just swiping a few different Versacolor cubes over the card.  For the palm trees I scrunched up brown handmade paper and cut them out with pinking scissors.  The hammock I crocheted using jute cord from RRR.  It's just a few loops and knots strung together, so probably doesn't really qualify as crocheting, but you'll get the idea anyway.
                               
I hope you're inspired to have a go with the 'Korker' ribbons.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely card Tilly. The ribbons look like fun and the props are ideal. Such a cute deckchair. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card and yes the staging is amazing.... I'm not that clever or have the time to do this Tilly.

    ReplyDelete