Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Recycled winter shirt

I hate throwing clothes away, and now that I'm doing more sewing for little people and not needing bigger pieces of fabric to make clothes for the more "traditionally built" woman, like myself, I'm finding that all sorts of things can be recycled, like this thick knit winter T-shirt, which had some marks on it.   I'm sure Harper will look very cute in it in about 6 months time when it's winter again here in NZ.  The pattern was an experiment, but I think it turned out OK.  Of course it was also another good reason to use ribbons!  This project was for a challenge over on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog that is well worth looking at.  See what other wonderful winter themed projects the DT girls and challengers have made, and while you're there, check out the amazing sale items in the shop too.



              












I'm sure fleece fabric would make a lovely cosy dino hat too, don't you?  Unfortunately Harper lives almost an hour and a half away from us, so I couldn't get him to model this fine hat for me, and the best 'model' I could come up with was a big red candle from our guest bathroom, with a pair of DH's rolled up socks and a potato on top to try to round it out to the shape of a little one's head!  (I don't think it worked though!?)  A balloon would've been better, but I couldn't find one in my extensive stash of bits and pieces where I usually find useful oddments in a time of crisis.  I'll bet you couldn't have guessed what that was under there?

1 comment: