Welcome, and thanks for visiting.



Yes, this is where we live - as close to paradise as one can get!

I blog about all the good things in my life - family (1 husband, 2 grown children and a beautiful grandson, Harper, born on 8 Nov. 2010), making miniature gardens, cardmaking, stamping and other papercrafts, sewing, beading, jewellery and other crafts, our beloved cats (currently 4), pet pigs and sheep, the birds and wild things around us, our garden and what we grow, and how lucky we are to live on our 14 acre little itsy bitsy farm in beautiful New Zealand.
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentine for an 8 year old boy

I often get orders for special cards, and if you've been visiting my blog for awhile you will have seen these ones.  Apparently the 8 year old brother of that little girl was very jealous when she got hers, so I was asked by their Grandma to make him a special one too to keep the sibling rivalry at bay!  He apparently loves robots, so I hope this one will make him happy on Valentine's Day.  In the up-close pic you will see that the matchbox drawer slides open and inside it are lots of cute puffy hearts from Really Reasonable Ribbon and a little folded piece of notepaper for the love note!  It's not too 'girly', so I hope he likes it.




I had all the little embellishments in my stash - the silver frame (from a buckle), the phone (no idea where it came from, but I've had it for many years and just knew I'd find a home for it one day!), glass pebbles and rhinestones.  Matchboxes aren't easy to find these days, but luckily my DH used to smoke a pipe & cigars, so I have a stash of them, although he no longers smokes (thank goodness!)

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I am sure he is going to be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tilly,
    This is soo cute. I love making cards and other things with my boys in mind.Im sure he will love it.
    I have sent you an e-mail, so when you have the time...thanks in advance.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tilly, your card is awesome. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Let's Craft and Create.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete