Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bookmarks for happy readers

A very dear friend of mine is a teacher of 6 and 7 year olds, and she asked me if I had any ideas for bookmarks for her reading class.  Apparently if they read a certain number of books then she rewards them with a treat, and thought it would be a good idea to let them choose a fun bookmark to keep in their favorite book.  These are some of the ones I've made so far (she needs 20).  I had such a fun time making them and now have all sorts of other ideas to work on too for the next 10 (both for boys and girls).  I find it best to run a thin line of glue/Fray Stop along any cut edges of ribbon to stop fraying, but just use ordinary fabric glue for the felt and other ribbon parts.

The idea for the elephant comes from somewhere online (sorry, not sure of which site), but the rest are all my own nutty ideas!
I also added a few dabs of glitter glue to the butterfly and dragonfly to give them some shimmer, as well as Micro Beedz on the cupcake.
I hope you like them.  One would make a great gift to go along with a book voucher or book you are giving for a special occasion.

2 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous, the kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Fun!!! I bet the kids are super excited to get one!! Thanks so much for linking up to Try it Tuesday at DotDotDot! I will be featuring these darling things! Have a Happy Monday!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete