Welcome, and thanks for visiting.



Yes, this is where we live - as close to paradise as one can get!

I blog about all the good things in my life - family (1 husband, 2 grown children and a beautiful grandson, Harper, born on 8 Nov. 2010), making miniature gardens, cardmaking, stamping and other papercrafts, sewing, beading, jewellery and other crafts, our beloved cats (currently 4), pet pigs and sheep, the birds and wild things around us, our garden and what we grow, and how lucky we are to live on our 14 acre little itsy bitsy farm in beautiful New Zealand.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Getting there ...

,I've been working on redecorating one of our guest bedrooms, so here's an update for all those who asked why I was collecting old thrift store embroidery and needlework hoops:
Most of the fabrics I used are leftovers from a pile of throw cushions I made for the kids using Ikea fabric.  Love love love their range of fabrics.
And this frame, the first of two to go on opposite walls, is made from die cuts punched out on my Cuttlebug in different wallpaper samples and scrapbook papers.  I'm still working on the other one - punched butterflies done the same way.

I'm still not 100% sure about the configuration of the hoop frames, but will leave them as they are for now and see how I feel in a few days.  What's a few nail holes in the wall between friends anyway ...???

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I have never tried to cut out fabric with my bug - what a great idea and so simple. The birds are stunning and can't wait for the butterfly frame. Do post it on the blog....
    Love the hoops - amazing what you can do with a little imagination. Mine has gone walkabout.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Tilly, like one big piece of art on the wall.Love the birds, and {me too} would love to see the butterflys.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Great Tilly!!! What a great idea to add some color and art to your walls!! Thanks so much for linking up to Try it Tuesday at DotDotDot, I will be featuring this!
    Have a great day!
    Tasha
    Ps~ I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the configuration looks great and i wouldn't change them. I also adore your birds and have a lovely frame at home that would suit that sort of project but...what is a cuttlebug?would love to know what it is so I can see if I can purchase one in Spain!!!!

    ReplyDelete