Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

First Birthday Onesie


Welcome to the April Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop.  You will have arrived here from Trudy's blog.  Not?  Then be sure to go back and take a peek. 
Plain inexpensive onesies are such fun to decorate with appliques, so I thought I'd share this one with you - a gift for a birthday girl to wear on her first birthday.  (A simple tutu like this  would look so cute worn with the onesie, don't you think?)
The ribbons are this month's Ribbon Club Assortment from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Oh so pretty! 
For the cake and plate I ironed strips of ribbon onto a piece of Heat 'N Bond (iron-on adhesive for fabric) and then cut the shape, leaving the bottom ribbon piece a little longer on both sides for the plate.  I then ironed the applique onto the front of the onesie and added a strip of ribbon for the candle.  The edges were sewn with a zigzag  stitch around the cake and plate, and a small straight stitch around the candle.  The gorgeous frilly trim 'frosting' was sewn over the joints in the ribbon layers using a small zigzag stitch, and the ends trimmed and a dab of fabric glue applied to stop unravelling.  Lastly, a yellow thread 'flame' was added to the candle.

Now hop over to Erika's blog and see what fun project she has for you today.  
This is my last Blog Hop as part of the Really Reasonable Ribbon Design Team as my 6 month term has come to an end.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank Bonnie for all her wonderful ribbons she's so generously allowed me to play with during this time.  It's been so much fun, and I hope you've enjoyed seeing the ideas and projects I've contributed to the group and have been inspired to get out there and do lots of 'ribbon-y stuff'!  Be sure to stop by and say Hi and welcome to the new DT at Really Reasonable Ribbon and see what wonderful "ribbonyness" they will be sharing with you in the coming months.

32 comments:

  1. Its beautiful. So cute.
    hugs Tessa & Anke

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful and cute cration!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness!!!! HOw adorable is that!!!!! What a luck little baby to wear that outfit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW its brilliant, i love it and its sooo different.

    Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute onesie. I love the idea!

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. so clever, what a lucky little girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely BRILLIANT!!!! Man I love your work Tilly and I hope that you continue to post about it so I can keep track of all your wonderful crdeations. It has truly been a pleasure to work with you

    Toodles
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is Adorable!!!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. a beautiful creation, keep blogging lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute onesie Tilly! You are sooo creative!
    Hugs,
    True:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, Tilly! This is just soooo adorable! I so love your creativity...you are truly amazing...it has been such a pleasure to work with you!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey this is sure different! I too likes this ribbon most and I have used it on a project already...

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tilly, what an adorable project!! Love the way you used these ribbons!! And so nice to visit someone all the way in New Zealand! I'm from the Netherlands. Hope you are well over there! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am making this for a sweet little girl's first birthday! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable onesie Tilly!! We sure are going to miss your creative projects at RRR!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute!!! A great way to use the ribbons

    Linda Imler

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful onesie! This is such a creative idea.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Neat use of ribbon! Almost too pretty to be spit up on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow very clever and can't wait to see the piccies with the tutu too, thanks for sharing all your inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this Onesie. I think it turned out great. Never thought about adding my own design to one. Thanks for the inspiration.
    hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  21. The oniesis just beautiful. Great idea.
    Vicky S
    schmidtrv@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is so stinkin cute, love !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now that's really inventive! Beautiful gift for the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally adorable! Love that cute cake design :)

    ReplyDelete