Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mojo-challenging

I've been pushing myself to enter more challenges lately, as it gets the old creative juices flowing and gives my time playing at my desk more of a focus.  Don't misunderstand me though - I still spend a lot of time at my desk "out of focus", just playing for playing's sake.  Lately my playing has involved a lot of cards for the Hospice where my daughter works, which I really enjoy as there are no rules other than my own. 
Getting back to challenges though ...
                                              CFC03 - Project Gallery
the CAS-ualfridays blog challenge #3 right now is to make a CAS card using bling.  This is what I made today for a friend who asked me to make her a wedding card.  The colours are slightly distorted, but the card itself is a pale green and the pearlised paper of the dress really stands out IRL.  The heads are oval shaped half-pearls, and there are rhinestone "bling" on the bouquet, head-dress and on the groom's shirt (buttons).

This is a card for the Splitcoast CAS challenge for the week.  Take a look at all the lovely summery/beach cards in the gallery for this challenge.  I really enjoy using solid background stamps like this one for setting a scene.  (Here is a set of cards I had published last year using the same technique.)
Have a great weekend everyone.

11 comments:

  1. What a clever and beautiful wedding card! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how clever is this! Really fantastic wedding card! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever!

    I love your summery beach scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedding card is SO clever! I'm sure the couple will love this card. And you card with the beach scene...so serene and it makes me want to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh cuteeee! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such. A clever idea for the wedding card

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative! What a fun wedding card! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Tilly......I am LOVING all your fabulous CAS cards. So your style :-) Do you remember me from way back in the beginning of our SCS days? I can see we have much catching up to do. In the meantime, I am loving that we are both trying for the CAS summer DT. I have NO doubt that you will make it. I know you have my vote. Good luck and I am subscribing to your Blog and hope to do more catching up my old Kiwi friend :-) Happy Stamping, Nancy Littrell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. very creative use of those gems. like the grooms buttons/tie combo. Thank you for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete