Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Friday, July 8, 2011

A comfy chair


It's CAS-ual Fridays time again.  Yay!

The weeks are certainly flying by fast, we're into July already, which means we're already heading for summer here in New Zealand.   Today our neighbour's sheep had their first babies of the Spring - twins - so I'll try to upload a pic of them here soon.  Newborn lambs are soooo cute!
I made this card from a digi stamp from Whimsie Doodles.   The knitting needles are made from toothpicks with silver beads on the ends, and yes, I did actually knit a few rows using Baker's Twine.  (I was on their DT.  Great fun.)


This is the inside.
If you're a big chair stamp fan, as I am, you will find this stamp and shape very useful with all of the wonderful sentiments that go together with chairs, sitting, relaxing, friendship, etc.

17 comments:

  1. Such an amazing card. I can't believe actually knitted a few rows. This card absolutely shows what a clever and talented gal you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is fantastic! And you actually knitted a few rows...STOP! You're crazy and amazingly talented! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! the knitting blows me away, I would need a heap of patience & good hands to do that work... I'm not a knitter, so that doesn't help. Thanks for sharing. I'm putting mine up tomorrow on "CAS-ual Fridays".
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.My.Goodness! This is soooo cute and super creative! I LOVE the toothpick knitting needles!! What a fabulous chair :) So glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the knitting lol, just perfect....... as is the colouring,
    tILLY

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so awesome! That chair rocks! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cozy little card - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Such great work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZA!!! This is an amazing card. I love the detailing in the knitting... you are talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect Tilly, I love the knitting and sentiment too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that your chair shaped card is fabulous - and the knitting puts it right over the top. Wow - TFS!!!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh!! Are you kidding me?!! This is just about the cutest, most clever thing I've ever seen - those knitting needles and knitting - GENIUS!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THis is amazing! I love the knitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific idea and design! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tilly, I love this!! Fantastic job with the knitting! Love the print on the chair:)

    ReplyDelete