Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Island holiday


This card is for my daughter who is leaving next Sunday for a week of lying in the sun, chilling out, reading trashy magazines and books, eating and drinking, and catching up on sleep, on some exotic island in the South Pacific with 4 girlfriends.  They have all been close friends since their first year away at university 17 years ago, and made a pact when they graduated that the year they all turned 35 they would go on a 'girls only' holiday - no husbands, boyfriends, kids or partners.  One of them has a sister in the travel industry and she has booked the mystery trip for them.  They were told only to take their passports and 'fun in the sun clothes', and will only find out where they're going when they get to the airport!  Isn't that a great idea?  I'm so jealous.  
As I used a rub-on for the sentiment, this card also qualifies for the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week.  Cute chair brads, aren't they?  The birds are drawn.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! What a wonderful pact! That sounds like absolute heaven :) Can't wait to hear where they end up :) Love your fun card, those chair brads are adorable-glad you had some fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful holiday they will have and love those brads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card and a lovely holiday plan, I'm sure she'll enjoy herself :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, now why didn't I think of that when leaving college with my girlfriends? Your card is fantastic, the chairs are a fun touch to the big bold sentiment. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card to represent what appears will be a great time. Enjoy the scene you set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this makes me dream of the beach! Fun! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete