Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Friday, August 12, 2011

A bit of creativity for today

It's time for a little more cardmaking and a little less sewing/knitting!  My papercraft muse is demanding some attention, so I think I need to do a few more card challenges.  Here's a card for the CASE Study Challenge #52 for the week, which was to CASE an inspirational card from one of the very crafty design team's blogs.  Soooo difficult.  There are amazing cards there, but I narrowed my choice down until I got to this beauty from Teneale.  The sentiment was supposed to be on the left of the knot, but I stamped it upside down (duh!) and had no more of that lovely mossy green tape, so it was a matter of making the best of a bad job!  Love this colour combination all of a sudden.  The bird stamp is from Inkadinkado and the free dictionary page download is from the wonderful Graphics Fairy blog.


A few days ago I posted here about making a card for a 100th birthday.  This is what I did.  This absolutely amazing lady is still living on her own, very active and always the life and soul of the party.  She's had such an interesting life, and was a journalist for this Wellington (New Zealand) newspaper, a career quite unknown for women of that era.  I did a cut & paste job with the newspaper headline theme and her photo, and hope she will get a kick out of it when she receives it next week.


4 comments:

  1. Both cards are stunning Tilly! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Tilly ... I so love the bird stamp, I actually thought it was a little NZ bird ... (hehehe ...) !!!
    Love what you did with the 2nd card ... what a fabulous idea, I am sure she will be delighted with the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! You have done an excellent job on this challenge!!! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete