Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bits & pieces

These 2 cards are for the Splitcoast CAS challenge #130 for this week.  It's a really simple and yet classy layout I think.  The kitty's hat is a tiny piece of patterned paper cut into a triangle with a (rather large - the smallest one I had!) pompom on top.  The Get Well bed card image is a freebie digi download from the wonderful Bird's blog.  (I only used half the image on the card fold.)  The little face peeking above the bed covers is a button.  I cut a slit in the paper and tucked it inbetween the sheets because I couldn't cut the button in half!


When my DIL was here last week she asked me to make her a birthday gift for a 1 year old little girl - something for the wall in her bedroom, which is very girly and pink apparently.  These birds etc. were cut from fabric scraps that I'd ironed Steam'A Seam/Heat N Bond onto the back of, so that the backing just gets peeled off and they get ironed onto the wall.  (You can of course do the same thing with wallpaper scraps.)  They look a bit strange lying on the coffee table here, but against a white or pale wall they'll look great.   They're easy to remove and leave no marks on the wall, so it's a great idea for kids.  (I did a giraffe, monkey and lion for Harper's room, which will have new iron-on webbing put on the back of them and then will be put up again in his new bedroom in Australia.)

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards Tilly, the get well soon card is so clever with the little button peeking out!
    Love the iron-on wall images :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete