Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

OLW66 Friendship

Pop on over to Susan's blog, Simplicity, where the one layer challenge this week is to be inspired by her friend Janelle's blog.  Janelle is going through chemo treatment at the moment, and reading her blog is so inspirational.  The inspiration I found there was not a card, but the deep and lasting nature of friendship across the miles - around the corner or around the world - which has touched so many of us cardmakers, stampers and crafters (and of course most of the world!) through the internet.  It's amazing to think of all those online friends we all have, brought together by our craft, whom we will probably never meet in person, but who touch our lives every day.  For all the bad things the internet is said to have brought us, these friendships far outweigh any negatives, certainly in my life anyway!  So, thank you to Susan and Janelle for reminding me how lucky I am, and for inspiring me to make this simple card for OLW66.

Janelle, I will be thinking of you as your treatment continues, and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Tilly, your card is wonderful! What a lovely observation about the internet and its capacity to connect us with friends all over the world. Janelle moved to my hometown the year after I moved away....and you're in New Zealand! Love that we can still be connected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Tilly! I have been lucky enough to meet some of the friends I have met on the internet, and I haven't been disappointed. :-) Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tilly - such a lovely post - it's true about the way the world is connected like this! Your card is just so gorgeous, love the image and the colours - the sweet pearls too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful. I love what you wrote about how you were inspired to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tilly, your card is just beautiful...and you are so right about the friendships we have via the internet. I've "met" so many wonderful people...I would be lost without my internet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the way you layered the images. Also love your thoughts on the online community and what it has come to mean to so many of us. Thanks so much for playing along and for your prayers for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card - lovely layout, colour combo and stamps.

    You are so right about the online craft community - so friendly, creative and inspiring.

    cheers,
    Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card...love all the colors...so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card for Janelle is so beautiful, I know she will love it.

    ReplyDelete