Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Monday, November 28, 2011

2 challenge cards for 3 challenges


This first card is for the Less Is More week #43 challenge, "A Bit of Bling".  It's always fun playing along each week, so be sure to check out the blog and join in the challenges each week.

It also fits in to the sketch challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays, another great weekly blog with a CAS challenge and loads of inspiration every time.  Take a look if you haven't already done so.
I used a free digi doily for the blue background (from Shery K Designs, I think) and the silhouette nativity scene is the letter "X" in a freebie dingbat font from DaFont called "Christmas Cheer".  There are so many free dingbat fonts out there that can be used as digi stamps.  (I've seen quite a lot of them actually used and for sale as digi stamps in different places, but I like anything free!  LOL)

This next card is my entry for a spot as a guest designer in the Splitcoast Stampers' CAS DT search for the upcoming 3 months.  (The search is down to the final 8 so fingers and toes crossed!).  There's a photo there of Christmas table settings that had to be used as inspiration for the challenge, and the traditional red, green and white color combo is what sparked my imagination and got me going on this card.  I love these little chubby birds from WPlus9.


And last but not least, the view I had from my craft room yesterday evening as I was working on these cards.  So beautiful.  A crisp, 'clean and green' New Zealand scene (with the requisite sheep in the distance if you look carefully!)


Thanks for visiting.

15 comments:

  1. Theya re both fabulous, love the birds particularly
    What a fantastic rainbow!

    Thank you so much Tilly
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS designs, love them both! What a gorgeous part of the world you live in, lovely rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and a fabulous photograph!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! Great job.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely rainbow and two great cards. Love the holly and the birds.
    You can view my card here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab cards and what a spectacule view too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a view, all that sky you really can breath there! Love your cards, the first one is so peaceful so very appealing XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and that rainbow is stunning
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Nativity! Who would have known it was a dingbat! I love both of your cards. Best Wishes on the DT. Tilly, your cards are wonderful and your blog post was informative too. The DT would be blessed to have your creativity and educational skills!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, I use dingbats too...maybe the same font ?? What a lovely view and rainbow, how nice to have such a view as you craft too...you are one lucky lady :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're both beautiful cards Tilly, love the spot of bling on both :)
    wonderful photo too.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow-well done on using the free font for the scene, I like the stamp you put behind it too. I love the second - so crisp and CAS.
    What a view - fab, TYFS.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards and an equally stunning rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fantastic cards here, you have such an eye for design! Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays! I hope you'll be able to use the sketch again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! Booth cards are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your fab work!

    ReplyDelete