Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Engagement card

The Less Is More challenge this week is to use silhouette images.  Love 'em!  This card also covers the criteria for the All Sorts blog challenge this week - a one layer card.  Take a look at both these galleries for wonderful inspiration.
A super quick card done by cutting a rectangle from acetate and swiping the interior panel with cotton balls and chalks, then stamping the images.  The sentiment was computer generated first to get the correct alignment for the colored panel.  I love making backgrounds with chalks and cotton balls as the errors are easily removed with an ordinary eraser!  Easy peasy stuff!

24 comments:

  1. Lovely card Tilly, what a super backdrop!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot - really super background and the silhouettes work brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely - the background and images are just perfect together

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be easy peasy, Tilly, but it's a lovely effect and, from the photos I've seen, very Kiwi, lol. Lovely card, but that's no surprise from you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely Tilly - a beautiful scene. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this looks so lovely, well done Tilly :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a masterpiece! I love it Tilly :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful card! I love your colouring

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, what a beautiful card! I love the colouring, and especially the dog walking behind the copple. I can almost hear the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sensational card tilly
    LOVE it
    Thanks so much
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. A super scene and perfect as an engagement card. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card, I love the colours in your background scene and the stamps you've used. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a beautiful creation with a fantastic background! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Allsorts and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely, what make are the stamps please?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Tilly, fantastic card, so lovely.

    Greetings
    from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tilly this is such a wonderful card I know it is for an engagement and probably a young couple but it also brings memories of walking along a beautiful beach in North Devon, England when I was newly engaged many years ago (I am a Scot my Hubby English :) ) to be honest I would be so happy to have this on my wall in my craft room because it evokes so many happy memories! A gorgeous gorgeous card just love it!
    Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is stunning! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tilly I am blown away by this beautiful card!! Stunning and well deserving of the showCASing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratiolations on making the showcase. I must confess yours was my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Tilly
    Congrats on being Showcased ....stunning card ....well Done !!!!!
    hugs sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Tilly. I knew I had seen a similar card before and today I've been browsing my old Take Ten books and thee you were - what a wonderful selection

    ReplyDelete