Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Snowflakes

No, we don't get snow where we live up in the top half of New Zealand, but the house was full of white paper offcuts last week and a pile of snowflakes I cut by hand (I know, I'm crazy) for the decor for my DD's office Christmas party, which had a white theme this year.  The snowflakes were fun to make and the more I made, the more creative I got with my cutting.  Unfortunately the paper was too thick when folded to cut more than one at a time, so like in Nature, each one was different.  I didn't count them, but I know how many sheets of paper I started out with, so there were probably around 125.  The paper was A3 size with a bit cut off the end to make the square.





5 comments:

  1. woww,, i can only say,, You've got guts Lady... you make it sound as if you were cutting out a flower,, thats a huge project,,, fantastic work Tilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They looked amazing! They were such a hit they're now up around the Hospice, on all the windows, for everyone to keep enjoying x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Your snowflakes are stunning. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I love snowflakes and these are the next best thing to the real thing! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete