Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Monday, December 26, 2011

2 challenges

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas yesterday and that you're all enjoying the holidays, relaxing and hopefully getting some time to play with new toys!  We had a quiet day as both our children are away.


I've been doing a little more playing with embossing folders smooshed with ink after stamping the cardfront with co-ordinating images like this.  I've also found out that if you do your smooshing with dye ink pads and then spritz the EF, then run it through the Cuttlebug, you get interesting (and sometimes not so interesting ...) results!  It's fun to play anyway.  You never know what you're going to get and I love the element of surprise!
Here's a card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge #CFC33, to use Kraft card/paper and twine, using the above method.


It also fits the challenge on the Less Is More blog this week, week 47, to use just one word as a sentiment.

"Less is More"

And here's another card using the EF smooshing technique and lovely silhouette plant images.

25 comments:

  1. Tilly, both these cards are so beautiful! I love the mix of colours and your use of twine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are beautiful. Stunning colours, especially the touch of green on the second card. What a great technique, will have to give this a go.
    Hope you are enjoying your Holiday.
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love the techniques

    Hope you had a great Christmas

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this beautifull cards.
    Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cards, love the natural colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's not a lot of white space of these cards Tilly, but they are absolutely beautiful! I love all that overstamping.
    Thanks so much and Season's Greetings.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards!. Both of them are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this card. Beautiful stamps.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting technique -will have to give that a go! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your card are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Despite their being no white space, they are FAB
    thank you Tilly
    Compliments of the season

    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really did enjoy smooshing I can see both are great but my fav has to be the second one so eyecatchingx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous technique, one I've not used much. Fabulous cards Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautifully stamped cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! I love them both, but particularly the sentiment on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a neat effect you got - love both cards! I really like how you wrapped the sentiment around the twine in the first one - super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards. Very effective technique. I must try this.

    Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely superb and I love the muted colour schemes you picked too. Like Sandra this is something I have to try too! Have a wonderful and crafty 2012.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cards are outstanding. I particularly like the first one for its depth and the way you fashioned the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two beautiful cards Tilly :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous natural colours and love the mix of embossing and stamping too :)
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are both utterly awesome but the first stole my heart. WOW. Thanks for playing with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome cards, I discovered you on Pinterest
    http://pinterest.com/pin/174655291769230667/

    ReplyDelete