Welcome, and thanks for visiting.



Yes, this is where we live - as close to paradise as one can get!

I blog about all the good things in my life - family (1 husband, 2 grown children and a beautiful grandson, Harper, born on 8 Nov. 2010), making miniature gardens, cardmaking, stamping and other papercrafts, sewing, beading, jewellery and other crafts, our beloved cats (currently 4), pet pigs and sheep, the birds and wild things around us, our garden and what we grow, and how lucky we are to live on our 14 acre little itsy bitsy farm in beautiful New Zealand.
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Monday, March 26, 2012

CAS-itude this week


The Splitcoast CAS challenge #163 this week is to be inspired by the pic above.  Aren't the colors lovely?  (The cupcakes look rather tasty too!)
I cannot just stop at one card for the many wonderful CAS challenges about every week, so here are a few cards I made yesterday. 
The butterfly 'stamp' is not a rubber stamp per se, but a die-cut piece of this funny looking sort-of very thin bubble wrap type of plastic that was packaging in something I must've bought sometime, and which I kept 'just in case' a use for it should arise!  Voila!  A use for it indeed arose!


I just used doublesided tape on the back of the 'stamp' to be able to use it on a clear UM block.  I rather like the squishy butterfly result.


Here are 2 more using the same colors.


I used a very neglected circle die for these rings.  




1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW!! These are amazing. I love the butterfly card, the colours are beautiful. Whata a great idea to use the packaging as a stamp. If you dont mind I might give this idea a go. I have some of that stuff stashed away for a rainy day! Mind you my card wont look any where near as good as yours.
    Take care.
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete