Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Spotlighting

The Splitcoast CAS challenge this week, #164, is to use the spotlighting technique, so here are 3 cards, using my interpretation of the technique, which may differ from the more conventional form of spotlighting, but I'm using my artistic licence here!  LOL  I punched a circle from clear acetate and used that as my focal point, filling it in using chalks and cotton balls and buds.  The non-colored area is also done with gray chalk, and the images, from Alextamping, stamped in black Versafine ink.


Here I masked off most of the cardfront and then used an Encore Ultimate Metallic graduated color ink pad to swipe across the narrow unmasked area.  The words and chairs were stamped first so that I could position the colored area over the "very" for a tad more impact.  I love these little chairs from SU's set, Simply Sweet.


Last one ...



3 comments:

  1. You are right to use your artistic license here, this card looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. I love the engagement one. The scene is so soft and pretty. They will have a keepsake to remember. I love your masking on the fun chair card too!

    ReplyDelete