Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Silhouette card set

We'd love you to display our banner  The LIM (Less Is More) blog has a one layer challenge this week, #68, to feature a baby or child, so some of these cards fit the bill.  I love the LIM challenges every week.   Take a look  here for wonderful ideas and eye candy.
One of my dearest friends had a birthday last week, and I made her this set of general cards to keep on hand.  They were so simple and yet I think they're quite fun, with all the images being free digital stamps, clipart or downloads, and a few little punched bits to add color and dimension.  (I get most of my silhouette images by Googling "silhouettes", under "images" not the general "search" button.  If you'd like to know exactly where I got a certain image that you may like, let me know and I'll do a link for you.  There are also links on my lefthand sidebar to silhouette sites.  They're so useful.)











If you have a play and make a card using these images, I'd love to see them, so please leave me a message here with a link to your creation.  Thanks.

18 comments:

  1. Just beautiful - It's amazing what little spots of color can do. Looks like shading too - Dramatic presentations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tilly, this is a really fun set of cards! I do like the silhouettes! I will look for some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tilly, these are STUNNING! I must go and find some too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!!!!!
    the sentiments and the images are so well coordinated..lovely!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment..I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. The silhouettes are very striking

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really super cards Tilly! What great images.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. great cards, I really like the simplicity of the silhouet stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cards Tilly, I absolutely adore silhouettes! My fave is the little girl with the balloons, perfect CAS. Thanx for the links.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely silhouette cards and what a great idea. Wondering are you the Tilly on KC?
    Hugs, neet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant cards, Tilly! I love them all, especially the first second and third! Inspired - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are fabulous silhouettes Tilly
    Are they copyright free I wonder?
    Fantastic cards
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the black silhouette. You can make them very pretty scene. Your cards are an example. I'm very impressed. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all beautiful Tilly, I love the pretty colours with the silhouette images?..what a great design idea :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved your silhouette cards Tilly. I have many small pretty flower punches that would go well with this type of card. Please is it possible for you to let me know the links for the children with the swing card, the heart balloon card and the children with present card. They would be great for my great-nieces and great-nephew's birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness what a fab bunch of cards, your friend must have been so pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your silhouette images Tilly. Great punches of colors but very clean Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love silhouettes! Hard to pick a favorite amongst all your awesome cards!. To comment on a few: love the colorful card with the balloons. The sweet little boy with flowers is also really cute. And the married couple - so clean and elegant design. Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards, Tilly!
    I hope this isn't a silly question,but do you print the silhouette directly on the card, or do you print it and cut and paste?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete