Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Treats for May!

Happy news today!


I am so happy to be the May Guest Designer for Bonnie and her creative team over at Really Reasonable Ribbon, where I have previously spent time as a designer as well, having fun playing with the luscious ribbons and trims RRR offer in their wonderful store.
Every month RRR has a new ribbon kit, and for May the colors are vibrant pink, black and white.  The pink is truly an ooh-la-la color, and will inspire you to make something fun and happy for Mother's Day I'm sure.  Be sure to check out the blog for great ideas using this kit, and make a note for yourself to join in the Blog Hop on Sunday 13 May.  It will be filled with inspiration, fun and maybe even some prizes!
Enough of my rambling ...
Here's my Mother's Day card for my 97 year old Mom.  I love the look of this old Hero Arts stamp, as it reminds me of days gone by.  I remember my Granma wearing hats like this, even when she only walked around the corner to meet me off the school bus sometimes!  (Yes, it was in the early 1950's.  I'm showing my age here!  LOL)


I cut around the stamped image so that the ribbon scarf could be wrapped neatly around my lady's neck.  It was then mounted onto the pink panel using Pop Dots.  The flower on her hat was made by gathering the edge of the ribbon and rolling it around itself and sewn in place, with a black half pearl hiding the stitches in the middle.  She has a pink diamante as an earring, chalk 'blush' on her cheek, hot pink gel pen lipstick, and her sweater was colored using chalk.  The end of the scarf has been cut to simulate a fringe.  Here's a close-up:


Thanks for visiting, and don't forget to check the links above for more eye candy and ribbon inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Tilly. You sure used that ribbon well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your card Tilly and the creative way you used the ribbon. I'm thrilled to have you as our May Guest Designer at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I've missed your fun projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Tilly and a very clever way to use the ribbon. What talent you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing and creative! I would love to see what you do with this stamp set and Graphic 45 papers! If you make somethig, please post it to the Graphic 45 Ning Gallery! http://graphic45.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete