Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Friday, June 22, 2012

The Rainbow Connection (or Collection!)


When visiting the amazingly creative Sanketi's inspiring site, I found this wonderful challenge blog, Do You Stack Up, and can't wait to join in the fun and games.  (Take a look.  Sanketi is the Guest Designer there right now.)
The challenge this week is to have your project inspired by a movie, and as I love playing with all the primary colors of the rainbow together, here are a few cards that were inspired by "The Muppet Movie", the theme song of which is "The Rainbow Connection", sung by the wonderful Kermit.
I stamped the silhouette flowers (Innovative Stamp Creations) onto scraps of colored card, cut the card into odd sizes, then ran them through my Cuttlebug using different embossing folders, lining up the flower design.  The sentiment is from PTI.


This elegant chair stamp is by Michelle Ward, for Stampington & Co.  The wee kitty and sentiment are from PTI.  The chairs are colored with dye inks.  (I don't have Copics.)


This pic is rather wishywashy but IRL the birds are beautifully bright and happy.  The bird cages are from Stampin' Up and the third from left one is from Impress.  The birds are from various companies and the chains are mostly from PTI.


This free digi stamp bed is from Bird's Blog.  If you haven't visited her blog before, be sure to take a look.  She offers wonderful free digis and papercraft projects.  The heart paper also a freebie (can't remember where I found it, sorry), and the poor sick looking person in the bed is a half pearl!


These cute birdies were paper-pieced and then googley eyes added.  The  banner is handmade and sentiment computer generated.


Card scraps, an embossing folder and a 1" punch is all it takes.  Oh yes, and scalloped scissors too. 

I hope these happy rainbow colors have brightened your day.

9 comments:

  1. I like all the color, what a great card design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tilly, all these cards are so amazing!!! I really loved the first one the moment I saw it - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tilly these are all stunning! Your CAS designs are about as perfect as they come :) That first card had my gasping on sight...it's gorgeous! You've inspired me to look at my scrap bits in a different way. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week - I definitely see how you were inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these :-) makes me want to get my scraps out, cut out some shapes and see what I can do... flowery tetris maybe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving all your happy colours

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been a very busy bee! So glad our challenge inspired you to create all these beautiful rainbow filled cards! Amazing work! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! all your cards are amazing.It´s really nice to know that our challenge inspired you to create so many cards.Thanks for joining us at DYSU
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all your gorgeous, brightly coloured cards. So glad that our challenge has inspired you.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colours! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete