Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Vellum waves


Today being Friday, it's CAS-ual Friday challenge time again.  Always a fun way to end the week!
The challenge is to use vellum or acetate, so I chose torn vellum strips for my waves in this card.  It has a very summery theme, for all those of you in the Northern Hemisphere, who I hope are enjoying warm days and sunny skies.  Down here in New Zealand we're in the middle of winter, but our days are lovely and sunny at the moment - in the mid teens Farenheit - with the temperature dropping to around 7C at night - electric blanket time!  Oh how the cats love electric blanket time!


The background of the panel is done with rubbed chalks, with some of the blue chalk erased in the sky to form clouds.  The sentiment and shorebirds are from Stampin' Up, an I think the big seagull is from Rubbadubbado, a wonderful New Zealand stamp company.

12 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! Love the way you used the vellum, very different and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous and simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely peaceful card. Love the clouds and the sea. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inventive way of using vellum, the card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, you waves are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I don't even know where to begin... The waves, the realistic seagul... Just amazing! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...Tilly, this is beautiful!! Love your scene and your use of vellum...amazing artistry!!! thanks for sharing your beautiful creativity with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowsers! This is just amazing Tilly, your beach scene is just so creative!!! I love the effect of the torn vellum.
    So glad you joined us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - this is absolutely amazing! I adore the creativity and ingenuity in the application of the challenge!! Absolutely brilliant! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is inspirational. I would like to recreate your card and would like your permission that it's ok with you?
    Hugs...Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! I would love to learn more about how you created this scene. I have never seen vellum used this way. Thank you so much for posting, this is a VERY special card.

    ReplyDelete