Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

One layer - A perfect day

The One Layer Wednesday (OLW125) challenge on Ardyth's blog this week is to be inspired by your "perfect day", so here's mine.
I used a solid rectangular background stamp and smooshed and dabbed it with various ink pads, then stamped it onto the white card.  I added a few little white touches to the waves and beach with white dimensional paint, and stamped the umbrella in brown Versafine ink, coloring it with watercolor pencils.  I like the splash of color from the umbrella, as well as the stamped rectangle "scene", rather than the whole cardfront being used for the background.  What do you think?


I haven't been happy with any of my photos lately so am treating myself to a new camera next week when I can get to a proper camera store and find out what will suit my needs best!  Yay!

5 comments:

  1. Wow - I love how you've achieved your scene - gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with OLW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love this. I think I read 3x how you achieved it, love it!

    visiting from OLW
    hope you can visit me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! you are one talented lady what a fabulous card I just adore it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete