Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Thanks to nurses

M had his (hopefully last) surgery on Tuesday last week.  He now has a lovely new shiny bright hip joint and all the infection has gone!  Yay!  He needed a lot of blood (11 transfusions) as he always bleeds like crazy, silly man.  I made a batch of zucchini choc chip muffins for the wonderful nurses in ICU, where he had to stay for awhile after the operation, so this is the card for them, to go with the muffins.  It was a nice quick card using 'medical' brads I had and a printed happy face and computer generated script.   I love all the fancy brads that are around these days, as they're perfect for quick CAS cards like this.
The patient is doing well and is hoping to be home again by the end of the week.  He was very lucky to get a single room, rather than be in a general ward, as they said he was so "special"!!!  LOL  He's spent so much time there in the past year that he's like family to all the staff.  One even suggested they name a ward after him!  However, I think the real reason he's in a single room is because he snores so loudly and will keep the other patients awake at night, not because he's "special"!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello; I was surfing on the web , and I came "by accident " on your lovely blog.

    You make very nice cards; my compliments.
    But also; I am hoping that everything will become as good as possible for you and M. Reading between the lines; you've had a hard time.
    Hope you still can find joy in cardmaking!

    A kind wish from one cardmaker to another!

    ReplyDelete