Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

More fairy gardens

My fairy garden starter kits (an assortment of accessories in a cello bag - chair/table/stool, kitty, mushrooms, garden tools, etc.) were a huge success at the craft fair last Sunday, so I will definitely be trying a few more markets as spring and summer come along (hopefully soon!).   This New Zealand/Kiwi garden caused a few smiles, as it has a Hobbit-type of house and a Pukeko (NZ bird with the red legs and beak), a Kiwi (hidden near the back), and a Tui (another NZ bird, black and shiny with white pompoms under its chin), which is in the driftwood top left of the pic.
 
 
This is a mini NZ garden in a mug.
 
 
 
I think this is my favourite one though.  The garden rake is made from a toothpick and aluminium cut from a beer can.  This pic was taken before I added a string of bunting along the front, which really added a splash of color to it.
 
 
What do you think?  I'm going to enter this one into the Magic Onion blog fairy garden contest too.  Have a peek here to see the wonderful entries so far.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I am loving your fairy gardens and no wonder they did so well at the craft stall
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind messages re my fairy gardens, Tilly. They are such fun to make.

      Delete
  2. Tilly
    Your fairy gardens are so much fun to see. I bet everyone enjoys them a lot.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh tilly, wish you were closer to me, i would definitely buy this one with the swing,, next time you come to SA you let me know and i'll order from you. beautiful,,,my granddaughter would be thrilled to have this basket with swing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your designs I will create some at work in my dementia unit they will love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tilly where did u get your plants from? Are there other varieties of mini plants to be found in New Zealand? I want to make my own fairy garden as a present for my daughter but can't find suitable plants

    ReplyDelete