You will need a power drill with a small drill bit in it, a length of wire (approx 18 guage and approx 12"/30 cm long), a small round disc of twig for the wheel (can use a button as an alternative), pliers/wire cutters.
1. Drill a hole in the middle of your little log disc, thread the wire through it, and bend the wire back on itself and upwards as shown in pic.
2. Mark 4 spots inside the walnut shell and drill holes in those spots (put the drill on slow as the walnut shell is quite brittle).
3. Thread the wire through the holes as shown, from the wheel end backwards.
4. Bend the wire down and then upwards again to form the "legs".
5. Bend the wire outwards again to form the "handles" and trim the ends evenly.
6. And taaa-daaa - all done! Fill it with anything your fairies would like, e.g. beads (for fruit and/or vegetables), small clay or silk flowers, pebbles, sand mixed with glue, or ???) I have an idea for this little treasure and will post a pic of my creation later, so watch this space!
That's it, folks!