Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Monday, September 29, 2014

A bit of sewing for myself (for a change!)

I've been doing some sewing again, this time for myself!  Call me selfish, but Spring is springing all around us here so it's time to starting thinking Summer clothes.
These tops/tunics are all from the same pattern, Burda 8220, which is SO easy and adaptable.  (I made the necklaces too - another one of my crafty passions).

I love this reversible soft gingham, although getting the checks to line up for sewing was a bit of a challenge!  I made a scarf from the left overs (which I'm wearing in my new profile photo).
This is a linen fabric with a built-in crease (saves ironing!).
The pattern was not meant for stretch fabric but it worked out well (although the pic doesn't look so good).  I cut the lower half in a 'balloon' style and it works really well as a tunic with a longsleeved Tshirt or turtle neck sweater underneath.  (I have a T in a mustard color which looks great with it.)
This is also a linen.  It will be great with white linen pants or leggings.

This is definitely a versatile and very useful pattern.

2 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bee Tilly. It looks like you are all kitted for the summer. hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these tops. Did you buy the pattern in NZ?
    Dianne, New Plymouth, NZ

    ReplyDelete