Welcome, and thanks for visiting. I have to keep my creative juices flowing, so these are some of my creations!
If you are a miniature or fairy garden enthusiast, like I am, please visit my Facebook page, Away With The Fairies, for ideas and inspiration.

Friday, October 17, 2014

More recycling

I'm having a lot of fun recycling some old clothes (as I pack away boxes into storage, as we're selling our house and I'm trying to tidy and declutter my wardrobe - between sewing projects!  LOL)
This was a lovely stretch knit cardi, probably 16+ years old, that I've held onto because I love the colour (the orange is not quite as bright and eye-popping in real life - must be the camera playing tricks), but haven't worn it in many years. So . . . it is now a "new" old cardi-turned-tunic, with the front opening sewn closed, the old boring orange buttons removed and replaced, a skirt extension added to make it into a tunic, and a felt brooch made because it needed "a little something else", and with the coloured buttons down the front it wasn't suitable for wearing a necklace with it.  I didn't even cut the bottom hem of the cardi off - just added the polka dot fabric on the under-side.  It looks really good with black or white leggings or pants.
Back to my wardrobe decluttering now, sadly (until I find something else to recycle!)

  

6 comments:

  1. bet this looks fab when you are wearing it, love the colour
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea, bye from venice italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice idea, bye from venice italy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice idea, bye from venice Italy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice idea, bye from venice Italy

    ReplyDelete